The Asari Justicar is a new class from the Resurgence DLC. It has the unique ability of Biotic Sphere, and plays similarly to a Drell Adept, combing Reave and Pull for Biotic Explosions.
The Justicar loads out with the new Biotic Sphere power, as well as Reave and Pull.
Biotic Sphere is a new power to the player’s arsenal. While it’s seen in the game several times, this is the first time you can use it. It creates a stationary bubble which mitigates damage and injures enemies. There are two ways to level Biotic Sphere: one for supporting teammates and one for damaging enemies. The support build is as follows:
- Tier 4: Shield Regeneration, decrease shield recharge delay by 15% when allies are inside the shield
- Tier 5: Damage Reduction, increase damage reduction to allies inside the shield by 10%
- Tier 6: Allied Protection, decrease damage taken to allies inside shield by 10%, decrease shield recharge delay by 10%
The enemy damage build is as follows:
- Tier 4: Radius, increase radius of shield by 30%
- Tier 5: Enemy Weakness, increase damage to enemies inside the shield by 15%
- Tier 6: Warp Effect, up to three enemies inside the shield become Warped (50 DPS and 25% weakened armor) and are set up for Biotic Explosions
Reave both injures enemies over time and provides you with a damage resistance bonus. It has an area effect and is a good power for Biotic Explosions. Reave is a line-of-sight, instantaneous-effect Biotic power.
- Tier 4: Radius, increase impact radius by 3 meters
- Tier 5: Recharge Speed, increase recharge speed by 30%
- Tier 6: Damage and Duration, increase damage and duration by 30%, increase damage protection by 15%
Pull is used to incapacitate non-armored and non-shielded enemies by suspending them in the air. It’s also useful for creating Biotic Explosions.
- Tier 4: Radius, increase impact radius by 2 meters
- Tier 5: Expose, increase all damage to Lifted targets by 15%
- Tier 6: Duration and Combo, increase duration and damage from Biotic Explosion by 50%
As with most other classes, I like to have at least two tiers in Fitness to get the Health and Shield boost. On Asari Justicar, it’s good to have three or four tiers to get power damage bonuses.
The Asari Justicar is less effective than other Adepts against armored opponents since Pull can’t affect them. Because of this, Justicar’s should carry a decent weapon to handle shields and armor, something with more damage than an SMG or Pistol. The Carnifex and Paladin are good options, as are the Avenger, Vindicator, and some lighter shotguns.
There are two important elements to the Asari Justicar’s play-style. The first is the placement of your Biotic Sphere. For the support build, put the sphere over the area where your teammates are fighting. Biotic Sphere recharges fairly quickly, so this can be used as a mobile power as you follow the team around. For the damage build, place the sphere in doorways and choke points (for the OMFGN Gold Difficulty Guide, the sphere should be all the way inside the door over the area where the Decoys are placed). This is especially useful if there are other Biotic users on your team, since the Warp Effect will create a plethora of opportunities for Biotic Explosions. The second part of the Justicar strategy involves Reave and Pull. These powers cause Explosions when a Pulled enemy is hit with Reave. This is the primary method of damage output for this class. Use this combination as soon as it recharges. The problem here is that you cannot damage armored and shielded opponents effectively with the powers alone, since Pull won’t work. I suggest using Reave first and then your weapon.
Other Mass Effect 3 Articles: